Friday, August 31, 2007

Another Man's Treasure


I was working at a high-rise condo building downtown this week, and I came across something in the trash. It was laying on top of a small dumpster with a bunch of empty boxes piled on it. When I pulled it out of the pile, this is what I found. Can you believe that this painting was thrown out by someone? Neither could I. I asked the building maintenance people if they wanted it, and they said "Go ahead, take it." I brought it home, showed it to Laura, and it matches our family room colors exact. It's as if the artist painted it for us. We still have to find the perfect spot for it, but I guess one man's trash is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In everything, give thanks! I think of things like this as God showing His kindness...even in these small things. As long as we're thankful to Him, we can be thankful for everything! Even someone's thow-away can add beauty for someone else!