Thursday, September 4, 2008

One Year

Well, today marks one year to the day that we were logged-in to China's adoption program. One year of ups... one year of downs... one year of anticipation... one year of heartache. Wow, I can remember looking at the date - 9/4/2007 - with much excitement. And then we waited. And waited. And waited. I don't think that I'll ever be able to explain in human words what this year has been like for us. Only those who have waited for their own adoption journey could possibly understand. And yet, for some reason, we've come to believe that Raina is born, and she has had an unquestionably harder year. One of very little ups... a great many downs... very little hope... and much heartache. But, little does she know that her mom and dad wait here in Chicagoland, USA - desperately clinging to the Hope that she has yet to experience. Hold on little girl... for just a little longer.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Laura,
I just sent a response to your question on the RQ website and I jumped over to check out your blog. I had to comment because we have so much in common! Like you, I also have 2 boys (and a daughter) and my husband is a bass player for our church (his day job is a software engineer.) It's also neat that my oldest son's name is Jay. Do you hear the Twilight Zone music playing? Ha!

I hope you find your little Raina soon. I know how torturous the wait can be. We are completing are second adoption soon and somedays it seems as if we've been on the adoption rollercoaster for our entire lives. Of course, it is all worth it in the end when you finally hold your little one.

Best Wishes!
Heather O.
www.dragonsandelephants.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

Laura,
We adopted a little girl with IA last March. Her condition is very managable. Please e-mail me at hostert@verizon.net and I can tell you more about what our life has been like over the past year.
Tricia

Paulette said...

Congrats on getting through this difficult year. I saw your post on RQ. I adopted my daughter last summer. She is the light of my life and such an incredible little girl. We have had our ups and downs and I would be willing to speak with you anytime by email or by phone. There are a lot of what ifs with this SN but most are very managable. These kids have a chance of a normal life if we can help them.