Friday, September 28, 2007

A Conversation With "J"


A couple of weeks ago, I had to do a service call at a school district in Skokie, Illinois. I've done a bunch of work there in the past, but it had been some time since I'd been there. I knew I wanted to get a chance to talk to a woman who works for the district (I'll call her "J") who has 2 biological sons and adopted a little girl from China about 4 or 5 years ago. On a break, I got the opportunity to make my way over to her office, and she was able to sit down with me for awhile. When I shared with her our great news about Raina, she was so filled with joy for us. "J" gave me some very practical advice about the wait - it was so encouraging to talk to someone who has been there. I was even able to see pictures of her daughter - she is absolutely beautiful! "J" took the time to show she really cares about our journey, which is something that means a lot to me.

Thanks "J" ....... One day our family will look very much like yours. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay, this is very cool! We just opened it and read your comments. This is a great way to keep people you care about up to date on things. We pray daily for you and Laura and Evan, Colin and Raina. We are praying that the Lord will move through the paperwork in China and bring her home at just the right time. Only He knows when that will be, but it will be at exactly the right time...not a minute too soon or a minute too late. You are a wonderful family and we love you very much...Mom and Ken (smiles)