Saturday, July 18, 2009

Here She Is...

Well, here she is. 2 and 1/2 years of waiting, highs and lows like we've never known before, have brought us to now. We have accepted the referral of our precious Raina. She is almost 2 years old, and hopefully by the end of this year, she will be home with us. A new chapter in a very long book has begun... or maybe it's just a whole new book. Certainly untold joys and untold challenges lie ahead, but this one thing we know... we are confident that before time began, God planned for us to know this little girl. Our lives and hers... on separate courses... intersecting in a single moment. Parallel lives joined by the sovereignty of the One who knows what's best for all of us.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Laura,

I am just beyond words seeing your little girl's face....so very happy for you. God is good.

Goosegirl said...

Raina is just beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see a pic of you holding her, and even better, a smile on that precious face.

Eileen said...

She is just gorgeous! I am so happy for you all and especially for your sweet Raina. She has found a wonderful family to love her.
Eileen

Jennifer said...

I cannot begin to tell you how very excited I am for you. What a long, long road, but she'll be worth it when it's all over! Laura, I can't wait to see you! Congratulations a thousand times over!

Jennifer Mangnall

Jennie Rutzen said...

Jay and family - Congratulations! I am so excited for you all! I've been watching your blog and praying for you as you've been waiting. When I look at our daughter, it makes me think of you and your long wait...and it reminds me to pray!! God bless you as you get ready for your family to grow!!!

Jennie (Skokie District 68)